Building Global Innovators (BGI) (http://www.mitportugal-bgi.org/) is a transnational technology transfer accelerator (TTA) led by the University Institute of Lisbon (IUL) (http://www.iscte-iul.pt/en/home.aspx) and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) (http://web.mit.edu/) entities, MIT Portugal, Deshpande Center for Technological Innovation (http://deshpande.mit.edu/) and the Martin Trust Center for Entrepreneurship (http://entrepreneurship.mit.edu/). Applications for deadlines:
1st Call: 30th April, 2016 (first come, first served)
2nd and last Call: 5th June, 2016 (remaining vacancies).
BGI is directed at aspiring entrepreneurs and tech-based startups and/or spin-outs (max. 5 years old), working on a technology based solution to a global problem, in any of the 4 verticals: i) Medical Devices & Health IT, ii) Smart Cities & Industry 4.0 solutions, iii) Enterprise IT & Smart Data and i) Water Economy.
Over the last 6 years, BGI has grown to become one of the 100 leaders (https://www.hottopics.ht/stories/funding/100-leaders-of-top-tech-accelerators/) in accelerating the companies of tomorrow, by HotTopics 2015. Check BGI’s portfolio ventures online (http://www.bgi.pt/#/portfolio).
What’s in it for Participants?
• BGI will accept up to 16 ventures per edition (average over last 6 years: 19 / batch)
• In-kind support valued at €1 million: a structured 9-month program with over 1,150 hours of expert mentorship & business development per team
• Acceleration bootcamps at IUL/Lisbon (all teams) and MIT/Boston (selected teams)
• Continued alumni support for up to 5 years upon graduation
• 100.000€ venture capital investment for the most promising venture will be awarded by our financial sponsor, Caixa Capital
• International exposure to the la crème de la crème members of the global entrepreneurial and innovation community
Up to date, 52% of accelerated companies got financed within 18 months. BGI Alumni ventures have raised over 73 Mio Euro in financing (69% from venture capital), created 450 high tech jobs and over 14 Mio Euro in accumulated revenues.
Interested? Apply here (http://www.bgi.pt/#/program/1). Have questions? E-mail us (firstname.lastname@example.org). Help spread the word by pasting this link (http://staticbgi.venturekickr.com/staticDocuments/submissionResources/assinaturaEmail1stcall.png) in your social networks.